10 Jan 2013

Kellogg's Special K Biscuit Moments Chocolate Review



The Biscuits Moments range from Special K was released last year in two fruity flavours; Blueberry and Strawberry. I loved the Blueberry variety but I was pleased to see that there is a new flavour released for all the chocoholics out there!


I bought a box which contains five individually wrapped portions, each containing two biscuits which have 98 calories in total.


There are plenty of "breakfast biscuits" on the market at the moment, but the Special K Biscuit Moments are my favourites. They taste more like biscuits and less like a breakfast cereal bar. There are no oats or other "bits" - they are simply a thin crunchy biscuit with a sweet filling.


Surprisingly the chocolate centre was gooey and soft. It's certainly not due to any heat getting near them as it's so cold here today! If I had read the back of the box I would have seen the description - "delicious baked, crispy biscuits with a soft chocolate filling topped with a vanilla drizzle". I don't think I've ever expereienced a soft chocolate filling in a cereal bar, it's unusual but very tasty.


The chocolate flavour is good but a bit too sweet - although it's perfect with a cup of coffee to curb the sweetness. I still prefer the Blueberry Biscuit Moments but I'm sure chocolate will have a much broader appeal. After all they provide a decent chocolate hit but with less calories. My kids and husband really liked these too - they have eaten a few of this chocolate variety when they have never been tempted by the Blueberry ones. If I want to keep these Biscuit Moments to myself then I'll have to stick to the fruity versions! Although I don't think my hubby would ever be seen eating these at work - Special K is definitely more of a female brand. Any male thoughts on that would be appreciated!

Grocery Gems Verdict: Special K Biscuit Moments Chocolate

RATING: 7 out of 10
Buy them again?: A bit too sweet for me but everyone else here loved them!
Nutrition per 2 biscuits: 98 calories, 1.5
g protein, 18g carbohydrate (7g sugars), 2.5g fat.
Purchased: Tesco.
Price: £0.99p (on half price offer at the moment - RRP is £1.99)

7 comments:

  1. My male thoughts are that they look very tasty! As always your photos are excellent Katherine.

    I probably would never buy these though lol, like you say Special K is more of a female brand, and the packaging never really catches my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Kev! And thanks for your male thoughts lol.

      I can understand why the packaging doesn't appeal to men. I've always liked the red "K" on the front just because of my name (pathetic I know!).

      Delete
  2. Might have to get some of these, cheap, tasty and not too bad nutritionally. They look like edible cushions or mattresses. I'm going todo a 'breakfast biscuits' comparison review soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are loads of half price offers on cereals bars at Tesco at the moment - Nature Valley, Belvita, Special K, Kelloggs...

      A breakfast biscuit comparison sounds fab, look forward to it! :)

      Delete
  3. The husband occasionally eats Special K products, he loved the crisps and I reckon he would go for these...so would I for that matter. I have seen the fruit ones but I am not really keen on fruity bars like these, now there is a chocolate one however that changes things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would both like these bars then - they are great for the calories (and price!). My box has already finished because everyone wanted to eat them!

      Delete
  4. Just had a pack of these, and oh my they're delicious!! And they're sweet enough one pack is enough. Mmmm...
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...