23 Jan 2013

New Tesco Eat Live Enjoy Range - Mango & Passionfruit and Peach Yogurts



My local Tesco has this new Eat Live Enjoy range prominently displayed instore. All the products have the same minimalistic white packaging and logo. The actual range is quite extensive ranging from dairy products to desserts, all clearly aimed at dieters, claiming to be healthy and high quality. I was quite surprised by the diversity of products all sharing the same shelf, there were Reduced Fat Cheese & Turkish Raisins Snack Packs next to Chocolate Muffin desserts, clearly Tesco wants to display all of the new range together for the time being.


I decided to try the pack of four fat free yogurts in Mango & Passionfruit and Peach, just because mango yogurt is one of my favourite sweet treats. The yogurts are fat free and only 65 calories each, which is less than half the calories of my usual mango yogurt. The consistency of these yogurts was good, they are not watery, like some other low calories yogurt ranges I've tried but they are not thick either. I don't mind yogurts that are not too creamy so this wasn't a problem for me. I would describe the texture of this yogurt as almost lightly whipped, it felt like they were slightly airy.


The fruit flavours were good, more so in the peach variety, which had a lovely sweet fruity flavour. The mango and passionfruit had a slightly sharper taste to it so, despite my usual preference for mango, it wasn't my favourite of the two flavours. Surprisingly the peach yogurt is lower in calories, with only 60 calories per pot. Both flavours have an artificial sweetener aftertaste to them which is to be expected from the ingredients. These products are clearly aimed at dieters, they even have the Weightwatchers Pro Points listed (2 in each pot) and, given the low calories, it's a perfectly decent yogurt which will help curb a sweet craving.

Image: Tesco

Also included in the range are; individual yogurt pots (100 calories each) which are made with Greek yogurt, a chocolate muffin dessert (150 calories - but it's quite small), tiramisu dessert, vanilla rice puddings, breakfast smoothies and many others that I forgot to note down!

Grocery Gems Verdict: Eat Live Enjoy - Mango & Passionfruit and Peach Yogurts

RATING: 7 out of 10.
Buy them again?: I would try more from the range.
Nutrition (Mango): 65 calories, 4.8g protein, 10.2g carbohydrate (7.1g sugars), 0.1g fat.
Nutrition (Peach): 60 calories, 4.4g protein, 9.8g carbohydrate (8.3g sugars), 0.2g fat.
Purchased: Tesco.
Price: £1.49 or 2 packs for £2.00 (mix and match with some of the other products).


1 comment:

  1. These sound nice. I am always on the look out for new fat free yogurts but I have never tried a mango flavoured one. I will probably give these a go, although I may get tempted by the Chocolate Muffin Dessert!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...