30 May 2013

Tea India Cardamom Chai Review, A Cookie Recipe & A Free Tea Offer!


Last year I reviewed some fantastic teas from Tea India, whose beautiful packaging and fragrant blends completely enchanted me. At that time, Tea India was quite hard to find, but in the last few months I've been pleased to see a full range of different Tea India blends for sale in my local Tesco. Tea India very kindly got in contact again and sent me a fabulously presented box of tea, including their Black Tea (reviewed here) and a Cardamom Chai blend.

Tea India is also offering a FREE selection of their finest tea blends for you and your family and friends via a Facebook promotion - keep reading for more details at the end of this review.


I just love the pretty and vibrantly coloured packaging of the Tea India range! I couldn't wait to try the Cardamom Chai  - the tea bags have such a wonderfully exotic and spicy cardamon fragrance.


The tea is made in the usual way, with milk and sugar to taste. The cardamom gives the tea a deliciously authentic flavour that is so warming and comforting. I absolutely love this tea and I'll definitely be buying it again in the future.


Tea India have also teamed up with chef Ravinder Bhogal to create some gorgeous recipes using their tea. I used the Spicy Black Tea Cookie recipe to make the above biscuits that were delicious and a huge hit with all the family! I've never thought of adding black tea leaves to an oaty biscuits but it's just genius! Do give them a try - they're very easy to make!

Spicy Black Tea Cookies - recipe by chef Ravinder Bhogal.

Ingredients:

2 Tea India Black Tea Bags (leaves only)
125g butter
100g soft brown sugar
70g self raising flour
120g oats
1tsp cinnamon
1tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp mixed spice.

Method:
  1. Preheat Oven to 160c
  2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
  3. Add the oats, flour, Tea India black tea leaves and spices, mix until well combined.
  4. Roll the cookie dough into a log shape approx 5cm in diameter. Wrap in cling film and chill for five minutes. 
  5. To bake, remove from the fridge, unwrap and slice into 12 even sized pieces. Place on two baking trays lined with baking paper. (Instead of slicing I actually used a flower shaped cookie cutter).
  6. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the edges are just golden brown.
  7. Allow to cool on the baking tray before serving warm.
  8. They will keep in an airtight container for four days.
  9. Enjoy with a cup of tea! (sorry couldn't resist adding that one!).
FREE TEA OFFER!

To claim a FREE selection of Tea India, including their Vanilla Chai and Masala Chai blends, then join in with their "You & I with a cup of Chai" campaign via Facebook by filling in your details here.  The offer is open until 6th June!

I received a selection of teas from Tea India for review but all views expressed are my own. 

2 comments:

  1. Super yummy biscuits Katherine! I bought Tea India after your first review. I can't wait to buy this new one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Cardamom Chai is lovely - hope you enjoy it. Don't forget the free tea offer too! :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...