25 Jun 2014

Degustabox June - Foodie Surprise Box & Discount Code!


The latest Degustabox arrived today and once again I was excited to find out what would be included in this months box. Degustabox is a surprise foodie subscription service that sends out an exciting selection of products from new and well known brands each month, direct to your door. You can take a look at some of the previous boxes I've received HERE. There were nine different products in this month's box, and as usual there was an interesting mix and selection of products.

Discount Code2DRIP

Each Degustabox cost £12.99 a month, which includes delivery, with no fixed contract involved. Degustabox have kindly provided my readers with the following Discount Code for £3.00 off your next Degustabox, bringing the cost to £9.99 delivered. Enter the code - 2DRIP

Here's a quick round up of all the products inside this months Degustabox:



BEAR Alphabites: These are crunchy cereal letters that contain no refined sugar, no salt and no added nonsense! Coconut blossom is used instead of refined sugars to create a naturally sweet and crunchy cereal. I've been wanting to try these for quite some time now so I was pleased to find this (huge!) box included in the Degustabox.


Lambrini Strawberry: Wow, I never expected to find an entire bottle of wine in my Degustabox! This is a brand new summer flavour from Lambrini, makers of fun and fruity drinks. The timing is very apt for a strawberry themed version, what with Wimbledon starting this week. 


Veetee: A convenient range of microwaveable rice that's ready in two minutes. I received the Basmati & Wild Rice but it's also available in Egg Fried and Wholegrain Brown varieties. Even though I'm perfectly capable of making my own rice I've become a bit dependent on microwaveable rice in the last few months. I've never tried the Veetee range so I'm looking forward to see how it compares to some of the bigger brands.




Urban Fruit Pineapple: I hadn't heard of this brand before, but that's one of the things I enjoy about Degustabox - discovering new products. The Urban Fruit range is made from just fruit that has been gently baked making it easier to munch on when you're out and about. They contain no added sugars or preservatives, and are available in three fruits; strawberry, mango and pineapple.




Cawston Press Rhubarb: I think this must be an extra for this month's box as it wasn't mentioned on the Degustabox leaflet that details all the products. However, I already know the Cawston Press range well after it was included in the previous Degustabox too. It's an absolutely gorgeous range of fruity sparkling drinks so I'm more than happy to receive another one.




Be Fast Breakfast: This is described as an ideal breakfast on the go for those morning when you need something nutritious and filling without sitting down at home. Each drink is high in fibre, a source of protein and also low in fat. There are four flavours in the range; Strawberry, Chocolate, Banana and Vanilla. It would have been nice to have received two different flavours to get to know the range a bit more but I'm looking forward to trying the Banana flavour. 




Elizabeth Shaw Milk Chocolate Amaretto Flutes: These chocolate batons combine milk chocolate with the sweet Italian taste of Amaretto. They're part of the new Flutes range from Elizabeth Shaw that features batons of chocolate in a selection of tempting flavours. 




Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Grinder: This little pot contains Madagascan Vanilla pods with an easy to use mill with fine or coarse grinding option. It can be used to grind the flavour of whole vanilla pods into cake and dessert mixes or used as a topping to enhance the flavour of hot drinks or ice cream. This is my favourite product in this months Degustabox and I can't wait to use it in my next baking session or to pep up a home made latte!


Estrella Damm: This imported award winning premium Spanish lager is probably best known at the moment for it's summery advert with a very catchy tune. I can imagine this Estrella Damm cerveja will be the perfect accompaniment for Mediterranean dishes, especially tapas.

Overall, I was once again impressed by my Degustabox. It had a very different feel to previous boxes, even though a few of the products have been seen before. It definitely seems like a higher value box than I have seen before from Degustabox, for example, the Dr. Oetker grinder on it's own is £4.99! If you received the June Degustabox then I'd love to know what you thought of it in the comments below. 

For more details:
Degustabox website: www.degustabox.com
I received a Degustabox in order to provide an honest review.

8 comments:

  1. my parents got a free box of those amaretto sticks and they were amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Danielle!

      Thanks, that's really good to know. I still haven't tried the Elizabeth Shaw range yet but these amaretto sticks do look lovely :)

      Delete
  2. And I have it to, woohoo! My extra item was little pack of popcorn :)
    I already tried Alphabites, I'm getting into healthy eating so I was very pleased when I saw them ingridents, a big wow! I like almost everything from my box, especially with Vanilla Grinder, since I can't find anymore in stores my fav vanilla sugar I'm looking forward to finally have a good replacement. Chocolate Fluets are delicious!

    I just wonder, while I already have a subscription of boxes with Direct Debit, can I still use a discount code for next one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanna, I'm so pleased you like your box! It was quite an interesting mix this month.

      I'm not sure about the discount code question. To be honest, I doubt you could use the another code while on direct debit. Might be worth a try asking them though?

      Delete
  3. I've bought 2 boxes of the alpha bites for my friend at work who is just getting on the "oh mi god there is shit ingredients in everything and i dont want my kid to eat that" as they were on offer - because i'd seen them in your post - wsih you could get commission for it.

    im tempted to sign up for a couple of boxes, buti think nearer the time of the july one as i wanted to be surprised and if i order now i think i'll get this one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice that you bought the cereal for your friend. The ingredients are so simple compared to regular cereal. Even if the kids don't like it, it's a healthier choice for the adults too! It's lovely to know that you had heard about them in my post :)

      Regarding signing up, I agree the surprise is the best part! It would probably be best to wait until after 8th July (I think that would be enough to sign you up for the July box for the end of the month and avoid the June box).

      Delete
    2. well she did give me the money back :-) but it was such good timing that i saw her in the shop near work and we talked about all natural stuff and i'd just read your post! they were on special offer in waitrose, a better deal than the offer in sainsburys - i thought they were a pretty decent price and not any more expensive than buying any other branded cereal. she had watched a program which says that cornflakes have actual iron particles in and you could pick them up with a magnet (?!)

      Cool, ill wait til after the 8th then :-) i prob will only do one or two as i have a cupboard full of things i hoard (i am too tempted by limited edition and special things - as i suppose we all are reading your blog!) and im running out of space!

      Delete
  4. I was also very surprised and very happy with the bottle of wine. I love Lambrini too. The chocs also went down very well.
    I got a shaken udder choc milkshake too which my 1 year old helped herself too ha x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...