17 Jun 2014

Jus Rol Bake It Fresh Cinnamon Swirls


I love cinnamon rolls but I've never had any luck trying to make them myself at home. Even when using ready made pastry the results have been mostly inedible. Luckily for me, I finally managed to track down these easy to bake Jus Rol Cinnamon Swirls.  


The contents are similar to other Jus Rol ready to bake products. There is a tube containing a roll of dough and a separate pot with the icing sugar. The dough has already been prepared with the cinnamon filling, it only needs to be sliced into six equal pieces before it is ready to go into the oven. It really is that easy. 


Once placed on a baking tray the cinnamon swirls take 10-12 minutes to cook in the oven. (I put them closer together for this photo, I actually placed them further apart for baking).


The cinnamon swirls increased in size whilst baking and smelt absolutely delicious. The cinnamon flavour was lovely and sweet, and just as strong as I was hoping. The flaky puff pastry was very tasty without being too greasy or heavy, not surprising considering there is no butter in these Cinnamon Swirls (making them suitable for vegans!). The icing sugar that came with the pack was fine and also easy to use but it does say to put it on the cinnamon swirls when they have cooled down a bit. I wanted to enjoy the cinnamon swirls hot so I didn't wait before icing the cinnamon whirls. This meant the icing did melt quite a bit, as would be expected - it still tasted good though! 

Overall these are an easy cheats way to enjoy hot cinnamon whirls. No skills required, but the end result is tastier than buying supermarket bakery cinnamon whirls.

Grocery Gems Verdict: Jus Rol Cinnamon Swirls

RATING: 9 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Definitely.
Vegetarian: Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Purchased: Tesco. 
Price: £2.00 each or 2 packs for £3.00.

8 comments:

  1. Out my way....I'm on a mission to Tesco's! I love cinnamon swirls but it can be hard finding a good one. The IKEA ones have a really odd taste to them and supermarket ones can be hit or miss. I just wish that Cinnabon would open up some stores again. Oh I wonder if I could recreate it with these and some proper frosting, or the whipped choc hazelnut spread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I had the same reaction when I heard about them! I agree about the Ikea ones they're far too dense and the actual cinnamon flavour is not that great.

      These Jus Rol ones are more like a flaky/puff pastry rather than the Cinnabon ones. I'd love to be able to recreate those!

      Delete
  2. noooooooo, nothing beats homemade cinnamon buns

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I know! These in NO WAY compare to home made. Seriously I would LOVE to be able to bake my own cinnamon buns. I have tried and failed so many times. Know of any good (i.e. foolproof) recipes? :)

      Delete
  3. Lidl do part baked cinnamon whirls, which are tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh I need to try those then! Are they in the freezer/bakery section? Thanks!

      Delete
  4. They were in the freezer section

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a Muslim I used to to buy them they are lovely until I found out that they put alcohol in them so I can't eat them anymore.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...