14 Jun 2014

New Iceland Coconut & Choc Sauce Ice Cream


I spotted a few new ice creams in Iceland yesterday and of course I couldn't leave this new Coconut & Choc Sauce Ice Cream behind. Apparently it's a flavour they've done before but it's not one I've ever tried. There doesn't actually seem be much choice for coconut fans in the ice cream aisles. If you know of any decent ones then please do let me know in the comments below. 


At only £1.50 for a 900ml tub, this Coconut & Choc Sauce ice cream is great value, but does it actually taste any good? The answer is a resounding yes! The ice cream itself is surprisingly good and of a decent quality for a supermarket brand. It's creamy without being too milky tasting. I was expecting the coconut flavour to be very artificial and overly sweet, but that was not the case at all. There is lots of dessicated coconut within the ice cream that gives it added texture, and quite a strong but fresh tasting coconut flavour. The only slight negative point was that I couldn't taste much from the chocolate sauce, it would be good to have more chocolate coming through, but I'm not going to complain too much about this ice cream having a dominant coconut flavour.  


I also spotted these Blueberry Crunch Cones in Iceland, such an interesting flavour for an ice cream cone! Let me know in the comments if you've tried these. 


They also had Caramac and Toffee Crisp Ice Cream Bars labelled as new. These have definitely been around before but they don't seem to be available at other supermarkets at the moment (at least online). 

Grocery Gems Verdict: Iceland Coconut & Choc Sauce Ice Cream

RATING: 8 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Definitely.
Purchased: Iceland. 
Price: £1.50 each.

8 comments:

  1. I will definitely be looking out for this next time I am in Iceland. Coconut is amazing as you know, but coconut ice cream is truly epic...so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, I found this ice cream really refreshing! I want to try it as a cone next.

      Delete
  2. Lidl have coconut ice cream comes that are really good, they also have salted caramel ones that are divine with a salted caramel sauce core

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendations! I didn't realise Lidl had coconut cones, the salted caramel ones sound good too! Will definitely try to find those :)

      Delete
  3. I have yet to try a Coconut flavored Ice cream and this tempts me to find one asap. Nice review Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find. I don't have an Iceland near me but I will try to get the coconut icecream. Thanks Katherine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. do bounty do an ice cream or bar ice cream

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to tell you that it took me a while to realize that Iceland was a store and you really hadn't been shopping in Reykjavik. :) Seriously. Obviously I'm not in the UK!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...