23 Jun 2014

Limited Edition Haribo Cherry Cola with Liquid Filling


Last year I was lucky enough to try the Haribo Happy Cola with Liquid Filling which I enjoyed so much that they won the Sweets Category in my Best of 2013 review. They were sent to me as part of a Grocery Exchange that I took part in with the wonderful Steffi from Germany. We recently took part in Grocery Exchange Part III and I was thrilled to find a Limited Edition Cherry Cola version of my favourite sweets. 


Even though Haribo Happy Cola sweets are easy to find in the UK, I've still never seen the liquid filling versions available. Come on Haribo please bring these to the UK! Each bottle shaped sweet is a vibrant red colour with a white foam backing. They look fantastic with the darker coloured liquid filling showing through the red jelly. 


The sweetness of the cola flavour is well matched by the fruity and slightly tangy edge from the cherry. I was pleased to find the cherry flavour is not too overpowering, I sometimes find that cherry can be a bit medicinal, but that's not the case here at all. It's definitely a cherry cola flavour rather than just a cherry on it's own. The liquid centres give an extra burst of sugary cola flavour, with their almost syrupy nature, and add a nice squidgy texture to the sweets.


I couldn't resist the above photo to show the liquid cola centre! In reality the filling is not as runny as the photo would suggest, but it does ooze out like this if you squeeze them! Unfortunately I doubt these Haribo will be available in the UK soon, although there are Ebay sellers who are stocking them (at ouchy prices!). British brand Candy Land does there own version of liquid filled cola bottles called Bursting Cola Bottles - see here

Thanks again to the lovely Steffi for sending these out! I think I've already found my winner for Best Sweet of 2014 :)

Grocery Gems Verdict: Haribo Cherry Happy Cola with Liquid Filling

RATING: 10 out of 10.
Buy them again?: YES! 
Nutrition (per 100g serving): 336 calories.





6 comments:

  1. These look so delicious! I wish I could try them here in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day it will happen! Fingers crossed :)

      Delete
  2. You can get these in sainsbury's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! Really?? I hope I can find them :)

      Delete
  3. I bought these in Sainsburys today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! That's brilliant news. I'll keep looking out for them!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...