13 Jun 2014

Maggi So Tender Italian Herbs Chicken Review


Another recipe mix review from me today. I actually used this Maggi So Tender Italian Herbs last week. It's an interesting way to make chicken and uses a super easy method I've never encountered before. There are four pre-seasoned papyrus papers in the sachet which provides all the herbs and spices needed to cook the chicken. I really had no idea about the "seasoned papyrus papers", but they are simply paper pockets which are covered in seasoning. Take a look at the photos below!


It's extremely easy to get this meal on the go. Just unfold one of the papyrus papers and place a chicken breast inside, fold back the papyrus paper and press down. The chicken is now nicely coated in the Italian Herbs seasoning mix. Then just place each papyrus paper parcel in a frying pan (no oil needed) and cook on a low heat for about 10 minutes each side. 


The chicken looked great once it was cooked, still moist and hadn't dried out at all. I served it simply with a salad, a light meal on a very hot day. The chicken was very tasty but quite simply flavoured, a mix of herbs (rosemary, basil, oregano, thyme, parsley), with onion, garlic and black pepper. It's also quite salty, although not as salty as I was expecting from this type of recipe mix. I really like how quick and easy this was to make and also the fact that the meal was a success with the rest of the family. I would definitely try more from the Maggi So Tender range, although I personally wouldn't use these types of recipe mixes very often.

I received this Maggi So Tender in a Degustabox parcel (back in January!).

2 comments:

  1. Would you recommend this packet? Whenever I want Italian herbs and spices for an Italian dish, I always buy them separately and mix them together. I guess this would make things easier and more simple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for the late reply! I'd recommend it just for the easy method of cooking. Like you say, it's easy enough to get some herbs together, but the papyrus paper here for cooking the chicken is quite unique and gets the job done quickly!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...