19 Sept 2013

Review: Quality Street My Green Bar


At the risk of sounding quite strange I have to admit that I'm not really a fan of Quality Street. In fact great big tubs of chocolates in general just leave me a bit cold. It's not that I don't love chocolate, because I obviously LOVE chocolate. It's more to do with timing, and that I somehow always manage to acquire a giant sized tub around the Christmas period - just at a time when there are so many other things I'd rather be eating. Like mince pies. And turkey sandwiches. So the tub ends up sitting there, and we all eat a few out of pity - apart from of course, the green triangles and the strawberry creams. Those get snapped up by the kids (and me) straight away!


The My Green Bar's appearance is interesting and unique - it looks like four triangles have been skewered by a chocolate spear! The result is that the triangles are easy to snap off and eat individually.


Each triangular segment contains a smooth hazelnut praline covered in sweet milk chocolate. Hazelnut and chocolate is always a winning combination in my opinion, and this one certainly didn't disappoint. The flavours are very sweet but completely satisfying for such a small bar. I hadn't realised that the green triangles in Quality Street were so popular, but I'm glad they are. They make a tasty chocolate bar and it's one that I'm sure I'll be buying again. Let's hope they make a strawberry cream version next.

Grocery Gems Verdict: Quality Street My Green Bar

RATING: 8 out of 10
Buy them again?: Yes.
Nutrition (per half of the bar - as if!): 98 calories
.
Purchased: Newsagent.
Price: £0.70p.


3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...