30 Jul 2013

ChokaBlok Banoffee Bonanza Review (Tesco)



I recently tried the some of the new ChokaBlok 80g bars which are exclusive to Tesco, and was extremely impressed by the delicious flavours (see my review of the Excrème Brûlée & Very Berry Eton Mess bars). Those bars had been very kindly sent to me by Hannah from The Review Addict blog, and it wasn't long before I decided to try another bar from the range; the Banoffee Bonanza.


The bar once again looks fantastic and is generously laden with toppings. In this case there are swirls of banana flavoured white chocolate, slices of dried banana and toffee chips on a milk chocolate base.


There are lots of different textures going on in this bar with it's smooth chocolate, crunchy banana and chewy toffee. The banana flavour in the white chocolate is absolutely delicious. It's got that sweet banana taste that I love, although the flavour did get a bit lost within the larger milk chocolate layer. Then there are the plentiful toppings. I enjoyed the banana chips too and and the crunchiness they add, but the toffee chips are super sweet and made the overall bar a bit too sweet for me. However, it's still a great value bar for £1.40 and definitely worth a try for any banana fans!

Grocery Gems Verdict: ChokaBlok Banoffee Bonanza

RATING: 7.5 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes.
Nutrition
: 110 calories per 20g (1/4 of bar).

Vegetarian: Yes.
Purchased: Tesco.
Price: £1.40p.


4 comments:

  1. I also found this bar a bit too sweet when I tried it. Have you tried the dark mint Chokablok bar? I rather enjoyed that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried that one. Thanks for the recommendation :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the mention Katherine. I agree with Kev that the minty ChokaBlok bars are awesome, although I did really like the sweetness in this one but I can see why some people would find it too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen this chocolate bar, will keep an eye for it. Sounds tasty, and my guys love bananas, I bet they'll be more than happy to munch it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...