14 Jul 2013

Limited Edition Magnum No. 4 Flirty Kiss Gateau Au Chocolat


I was pleased to finally find a few more varieties of the Magnum Kisses range at Sainsbury's, where they are on special offer at the moment. They had the No. 3 Passionate Kiss Tiramisu and this No. 4 Flirty Kiss Gateau Au Chocolat. These are available in packets of three individually boxed ice creams. I've previously reviewed the No. 1 First Kiss Crème Brûlée, in a mini format, and the No. 5 Stolen Kiss Tarte Aux Pommes, which I've only seen for sale individually.


The prospect of this Limited Edition Gateau Au Chocolat Magnum is perhaps not as exciting compared to the other flavours in the range. It's described as chocolate ice cream, with chocolate sauce and chocolate brownie pieces. The result is undoubtedly a real treat for chocolate lovers! The outer milk chocolate is delicious, and extremely satisfying, as is usual for most Magnum stick ice creams. The inner chocolate ice cream is richly creamy and full of indulgent cocoa flavour, but it's the brownie pieces which make this an extra special delight. They're dense, but still cakey and slightly squidgey at the same time. Their inclusion reminds me of the recent Ben & Jerry's Blondie Brownie tub, which is half chocolate ice cream with chocolate brownie pieces. This Magnum provides a similar flavour experience but is also covered in extra chocolate!

Check out my No. 1 First Kiss Crème Brûlée review for full details of the Magnum Kisses range.

Grocery Gems Verdict: Magnum Flirty Kiss Gateau Au Chocolat

RATING: 9 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes, our favourite of the range so far.
Nutrition
: 210 calories.
Purchased: Sainsburys.
Price: £2.50p for 3 pack.


2 comments:

  1. This is right up my street. I keep forgetting to try these which is most unlike me as I LOVE ice cream! I love Blondie Brownie so I am sure I would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this over the weekend and thought it was delicious. You've captured it really well (again) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...