7 Jul 2013

Nutter Butter Bites Review


I've been looking out for the Nutter Butter biscuits by Nabisco ever since I read about them, way back in October last year, on The Snack Review blog. I finally found some, albeit in this mini Bites version, sitting in the new American section of my local Tesco.


This Go- Pak! (Nabisco's spelling not mine) tub is the same as the Mini Oreo Bite Size tubs which are already available in the UK. I have no idea why Nutter Butter biscuits haven't been launched here also, considering what a nation of peanut butter fans we've become, I'm sure they would be very popular.


They're such delicious cookies too, absolutely perfect for anyone who loves peanut butter. The outer biscuit is crunchy, but not too hard, it crumbles easily in the mouth and melts away to reveal a nutty buttery flavour. The inner layer is where the majority of the peanut butter flavour resides. It's creamy, smooth, with a superbly satisfying flavour.

I'm so pleased I finally found these as we all loved them. I'll have to track down some of the original (and bigger!) Nutter Butter cookies too. It's worth noting that these Nutter Butter Bites appear to be vegan, however they do contain hydrogenated fats.

Grocery Gems Verdict: Nutter Butter Bites

RATING: 9 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes!
Nutrition (per 100g): 474 calories.
 

Purchased: Tesco (World Foods aisle).
Price: £2.49.


6 comments:

  1. Ooh I like the sound of these. I noticed them in Tesco too but the price put me off a little. Think I might get some for a special treat sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think the price was too bad... although that's probably because I'd only seen them for sale at £3.99 before!

      Delete
    2. Wow that's crazy! Yes £2.49 seems like nothing in comparison lol.

      Delete
  2. Sadly not a big fan of these, Mini Ritz crackers sandwiched with peanut butter are much tastier but sadly not available in UK :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ritz crackers with peanut butter! Why have I never heard of these before?? Thanks for the tip, I must track those down!

      Delete
  3. These are a bit pricey. I'm not sure why supermarkets don't make their own versions, a but like custard creams but with peanut butter. I also think these would be delicious crumbled into vanilla and chocolate ice cream. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...