12 Jul 2013

Cofresh Handmade Coconut Bar & Peanut Bar


Many thanks to @banjo_chocolate who sent me the Cofresh Handmade Peanut Bar to review. I'd seen this brand before in the World Foods section of a few different supermarkets, so I was pleased to give it a try. I also couldn't resist picking up the Coconut Bar version too!


The Peanut Bar is described as "crunchy" but it's not as hard or chewy as I thought it might be from the appearance. In fact it's very easy to bite into. It has a satisfying crunch, but then seems to melt away quite easily. The peanut and caramelised sugar create a simply delicious combination. The ingredients are also impressively uncomplicated; peanuts, sugar and glucose. That's it.


The Coconut Bar is slightly messier to handle, as the coconut had a tendency to flake off. However the flavour is once again much more than I thought it would be. The ingredients list coconut, sugar, albumen (egg white) and vanilla, and altogether this creates an extremely tasty coconut treat. The vanilla gives the illusion of creaminess, and an added sweetness, which works really well with the coconut.

Grocery Gems Verdict: Cofresh Handmade Bars

RATING: 7.5 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes.
Nutrition: (coconut) 150 calories, (peanut) 221 calories. 
Purchased: Available from Tesco.
Price: £0.39p bargain!

1 comment:

  1. I've tried the coconut one, it makes a great snack! I wish they'd do a sugar free version.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...