19 Jul 2013

Glico Coconut Pocky (Japan)


COCONUT POCKY! One of my snack dreams just came true! I was thrilled when I heard that Glico were releasing these awesome Coconut Pocky as part of their summer Pocky range, and I'm extremely grateful to Oyatsu Cafe for sending them to me for review. There is also a Mango & Pineapple Pocky variety available, which look just as appealing.


I always love the packaging from Glico Pocky and this Coconut version is no different. The outer packaging is bright and colourful, whilst the see-through inner packs are aptly decorated with coconuts and tropical flowers.


Even though I'm a fan of coconut, it doesn't mean I will automatically like any product which has coconut added. I haven't been let down by a Pocky product yet, and I'm pleased to say that these Coconut Pocky continued the high standard I have come to expect. The sticks themselves are the usual plain biscuit, providing the perfect base for the coconut embedded layer of milk chocolate. The coconut scent is immediately evident and enticing. Each coconut piece has a sweetened flavour and slightly crispy texture, and tastes superb with the milk chocolate and crunchy pretzel stick.


I loved everything about these Coconut Pocky. They're especially fantastic to eat in all this heat (apologies to anyone reading this outside the UK - we're currently in the midst of a heatwave here). Chocolate has been a complete no-go recently, turning to liquid within a few minutes, and proving that most of our air conditioning is either completely awful or non-existent. Luckily Pocky sticks are very light to eat and have a handy chocolate-free gripping section - so you're guaranteed no melting accidents!

This product was very kindly sent to me by Oyatsu Cafe for review but all views are my own.

Grocery Gems Verdict: Coconut Pocky

RATING: 10 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes.
Price $2.99 (approx. £1.96)

4 comments:

  1. These sound ace! Anything coconut flavoured is always a winner for me so I'll have to seek these out. Will you be reviewing the mango and pineapple ones too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately not - I'd love to give those a try too. I do however have some "Rare Cheesecake" flavour to try!

      Delete
  2. Heheh, I have yet to eat mine. I have the mango and pineapple flavour so I will try that too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not surprised that you rated these 10 out of 10. Mango and pineapple does sound awesome too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...