3 Mar 2013

Bear Mango Yo Yo Review


My kids are fans of the Bear Yo Yo range, and they're a pretty cool way for them to get an extra portion of fruit. Each Yo Yo fruit roll is made with pure fruit and no added sugar or... anything else at all. The ingredients for this new(ish) Mango fruit variety are simply: mango, apples and pears. That's it.


I really love the bold design and of course, it also made the kids giggle - a lot. The bear has a fig leaf to cover his... modesty. It is 100% Naked Nature after all!


Inside the packet there are two fruit rolls, which look very much like sweets rather than fruit, and two collectible fact cards. The Human Body Fact No. 76 is: "It isn't possible to tickle yourself, even if you are really ticklish". I haven't tested this out yet, but let me know how it goes if any of you decide to give it a go!


My kids loved the fun factor in unwinding the fruit rolls to eat them. They had a deliciously sweet taste with a distinct and strong mango flavour. Since I love mango I couldn't resist trying one myself and it's definitely something that I can imaging buying as a snack in the future. There are only 27 calories per yo yo which is fantastic for such a yummy sweet treat. The texture is chewy but quite soft at the same time, without any stickiness - making these much easier to eat than similar fruit roll up products we've tried. Overall it's a thumbs up from us; they're fun, fruity, and most importantly, tasty.

Grocery Gems Verdict: Bear Mango Yo Yo

RATING: 8.5 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Without a doubt.
Nutrition (per yo yo)
: 27 calories. 0.19g protein,  6.2g carbohydrates, 4.8g sugar, 0.02g fat.
Purchased: Waitrose.
Price: £0.49p each (also available as box of 5 packs for £2.29p).



3 comments:

  1. I love these. I usually have a couple of packets in my desk and rucksack as it's the perfect standby nibble.

    I tried the Mango flavour the other day and wasn't dissapointed at all.

    The cards are a pretty cute bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of these. I will be buying a packet now. They look deliciously different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely possible to tickle yourself.
    If your feet are really ticklish just gently stroke the soles.
    You'll see.
    I just tried it and almost screamed haha x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...