18 Mar 2013

Star Wars Lightsaber Ice Lollies


Sometimes I feel really sorry for Star Wars fans. I mean, they just don't have enough merchandise to buy featuring their favourite characters. It's heartbreaking. Luckily for Star Wars fans everywhere (or at least those in the UK with access to a Sainsburys), Ice Fresh Foods has come to the rescue with these official Star Wars Lightsaber Lollies.


Look! It's got that little green guy on the box. And his dad (spoilers*), the evil man is there! Seriously though, it's not looking too good for Yoda in this picture. He's so distracted by the ice lollies that he can't even feel the presence of Darth Vader behind him. Although looking into Yoda's eyes he seems to be telling me, "when the supermarket freezer you reach... buy these, you must". 


Inside the box there are six Lightsaber lollies, with either green or red tops representing good and evil... or possibly it's Strawberry and Lemon & Lime.


The packaging of the ice lollies looks great. I love the detailing on the outer sleeves. Are they enough like the actual Star Wars lightsabers? I'll leave that question to Star Wars fans but they look pretty good to me.


The flavour of the ice lollies themselves reminds me very much of Calippo ice lollies. They are quite syrupy, especially at first, as the ice is so heavily saturated with the sugary flavouring. The strawberry is very sweet, whilst the Lemon & Lime is slightly more tangy. They're both refreshing and flavourful but very sugary at the same time.

If you're debating whether to try these ice lollies then maybe the wise words of Yoda will help you: "Do or do not, there is no try... hmmm".

Grocery Gems Verdict: Star Wars Lightsaber Lollies

RATING: 7 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Definitely.
Nutrition (Strawberry): 61 calories, 0.0
4g protein, 15g carbs (15g sugars), Trace fat

Nutrition (Lemon & Lime)53 cal, 0.04g protein, 13.1g carbs (13.1g sugars), Trace fat
Purchased: Sainsbury's.
Price: £2.25.


*Before you rush to correct me in less than 12 parsecs, I know Darth Vader is not Yoda's Dad. And Han shot first.

11 comments:

  1. My favourite review of all time! Great work!

    P.S everyone knows Yoda's Mum and Dad are Miss Piggy and Kermit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So that's what Muppets In Space was all about!! :)

      Delete
  2. Haha, fantastic review Katherine! I think I will "do" rather than try these in the name of novelty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kev! Look forward to your review if you try them :)

      Delete
  3. Lol brilliant, amusing review!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious review Katherine. I will probably buy these now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! Glad you liked it. Let me know if you try them :)

      Delete
  5. This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post.! Lightsaber UK

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. Neopixel lightsaber

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well written article. Really enjoyed readying about it. Check my star wars lightsaber content out Lightsaber

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...